Creating Content for SEO
Here’s a great infographic that has some great tips on creating content optimised for search.
Here are 23 tips from Google (via their blog) on how to create the best content
- Would you trust the content in this article?
- Is this article written by a thought leader who is passionate about there topic?
- Does the blog or website have duplicate or redundant articles on the same or similar topics with slightly different keyword variations?
- Would you trust this site enough to give your credit card information?
- Is the spelling in the article correct?
- Is the content written for search engines or is it created for creating reader interest?
- Does the article provide original content or information such as research and expert analysis?
- Does the page provide better value when compared to other pages in search results?
- Is the quality control of the text article obvious?
- Is the article presenting both sides of the story?
- Is the blog a respected and recognized authority on the topic?
- Has the content been scraped and sourced from many writers and websites, then spread across a network of almost faceless network of sites (also known as content farms)?
- Was the article edited with care or or is it sloppy?
- If you were looking for health advice would you trust the content of the website?
- Is the brand viewed as an authoritative source when mentioned by name?
- Is the content comprehensive and broad?
- Is the information obvious or does it provide in depth insights?
- Would you want to bookmark it to read later and also so valuable that you would want to share with it with friends?
- Is the blog or website full of ads that distract you from reading the articles and view the content?
- Is the quality of the article so good that you would expect to read it in a magazine or printed publication?
- Are the articles brief and superficial with little specific detail that adds real value?
- Is the blog created with great care and attention to detail?
- Would users complain when they see pages from this site?