What do you think?
My updated Social Media Action Plan presentation
Social Media – What is it?
“Open Conversations that encourage participation and connect people”
- FACEBOOK 9.7 million Australian’s on Facebook
- oTWITTER 800 tweets / second
- Youtube 2 billion views/day
Why it matters
– “Social media helps people express themselves and through the wisdom of crowds helps us discover new stuff”
What to do about it ?
– Can’t control it
– Ignoring it just elimates you from the conversation
Social Media Action Plan
1. Listen (online monitoring .. what and how, discovery of risks, consumer insights)
“The Development of a process
to understand the conversations,
and action the insights”
- Use advanced search
- RSS feed (Speed reader)
o Permission to engage
2. Engage (social engagement policies, leveraging employees, integration, consumer insights)
“Participation Participation Particpation is the new Location Location Location”
- Content strategy
- Social Media Engagement polic
- Identify places to engage – comment
- Join Relevant Group
- Leverage Employees
o Permission to influence
3. Influence (identifying & rewarding fans, innovation, research)
- Identify and reward fans
- Establish conversational metrics
- Remember most social media is positive
- “Don’t Fail to Learn .. Do Fail to Learn”
– Future trends (social commerce, location based information, filtering, privacy & fraud)
Here’s a great presentation from Raffi Krikorian that runs through a series of stats related to continued growth of Twitter
Omo has combined GPS technology with a prize giveaway promotion as part of their “Try Something New With Omo” campaign. GPS devices are hidden in 50 detergent boxes throughout Brazil and the device is activate4d when the box is removed from the supermarket shelf.
The promotions agency then track the box to the consumer’s home, where winners receive a pocket video camera as well as an invitation for a day of outdoor fun at Unilever’s expense. To help alleviate consumer concerns the promotions team can cause the GPS to start beeping – let’s hope they don’t think it’s a bomb ticking 🙂
It’s called Get Me In The Head and although the performance is a little slow it’s still pretty cool
This video shows the features in case you don’t have a webcam.
Life.com is now allowing people to use their photos and their timeline maker to tell and share stories.
Facebook, Twitter, Yahoo and Google users can connect to Life.com using their preferred profile and begin creating a timeline right away. Completed timelines can also be shared on Facebook.
The Life.com editorial staff has created some sample timelines to give you a taste of what you can create such as the vibrant World Cup Winners Throughout the Years
Check it out http://www.life.com/timeline