Sitepoint is a business that is linking businesses requiring design services such as logos, flash banners or web pages with freelance designers.
The site describes it’s service like this
Here’s how it works:
1. Write a short design brief describing what you want done.
2. Choose one (or more) prize amounts you’re willing to offer.
3. Post your contest and watch as Designers from all over the world submit design concepts.
4. Provide feedback on each entry, pick a winner, and pay out the prize money directly to the designer.
5. Once payment is made, all rights to the winning design will be transferred from the Designer to you.
It’s that simple!
Judging from the contests on offer, businesses are paying 200 to 300 for a logo which is pretty good value .. given they are often getting 20 to 50 entries.
Perspective: Whilst the payments aren’t huge .. this is a great way for budding designers to connect with potential clients, as well as establish some reference sites.